Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Blues?!

I've been thinking about posting all day, mostly to complain about having the Monday blues: work worries, another week in limbo, missing family after a great weekend at Roots n Blues. Well, now that's out of the way, and I want to focus on the GOOD.

1. Professor provided awesome insight on my thesis. So helpful and a relief because she had the same thoughts as I did.

2. Yummy Uprise with Maggie. Nuf said.



3. This beautiful fall weather we are having. Absolutely can't wait to get out of the office and take a walk.

4. Going along with #3, wearing scarves. I don't even care if people at work make fun of me...

5. Puppy! Got to spend some quality time with Ollie this past weekend. Doesn't get better than sweet, innocent puppies.


6. Rams are in first place!! (technically three-way tie I believe but I'll take it!) This fact makes watching football on Sundays way more bearable. As does the company of great friends and family. And a good beer doesn't hurt.

7. Damages is coming back. On DirecTV exclusive, but I am sure I eventually can get it on DVD or the Internet.

8. Michael and Laura gave Kevin season 1 of the Good Wife on DVD. Can't wait to lay on the couch with the windows open watching it.


9. 34 days until my birthday. I feel like I am borderline getting to the age where I should dread birthdays instead of anticipate. But it is hard not to look forward to some extra cash, a nice dinner out and an excuse to buy myself a couple things!

10. We got a call last night that our landlord thought our washing machine was defective and causing leak to below apartment. She was on the phone with Kevin and told him she just turned it off - he was like, I am here, and you're not. Luckily, she had called the wrong unit! So just thankful we don't have to buy a new washing machine!


OK it was a little bit of a struggle but made it to 10. There is always, always things to be thankful for and happy about - just need to remind myself sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Emily! I'm with you on the scarf thing. Birthday count down! Its not so bad you could be my age. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete