Friday, February 11, 2011

3 Years, and 16 weeks

Like my mom, and her mom, I tend to think a lot about time... two weeks ago today, a month from now, etc. Well, three years ago today was the day I got in my car accident coming home from work in Jefferson City. I can honestly say it is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I feel so lucky to be alive today, and thinking back over all that has happened over the past three years makes me even more thankful - marrying my best friend... finding a new job that while extraordinarily frustrating and challenging at times, was a blessing in terms of giving me time off when I needed it most... and now of course 16 weeks pregnant.

Here I am, 16 weeks today!


Not a lot has changed in terms of symptoms or cravings or even weight (too much). The biggest change right now is probably emotionally. This week has been especially hard, maybe because I've been thinking about the accident, maybe because I am missing mom more during this particular time in my life, maybe it's job stresses and worrying about traveling so much in the next few months, maybe it is being alone so much because I work from home all day and then Kevin works so much, maybe it's just all hormonal. I don't know! I am trying to do everything I can to stay "sane" - yoga a few times a week, cardio the days I don't do yoga, trying to eat healthy but also treating myself (a few homemade milkshakes this week!), but I just feel "off." Trying to remind myself every day I am lucky not only to simply be alive, but to have so many blessings as well!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, oh Em, I do the same time thing too. Dang Mom, we got it from her. Totally had dream about you and her recently. I've been thinking about her lots lately too... maybe because close to a year as well. Who knows.

    Also, I am so thankful you didn't get hurt in the accident, what would I do without you-- BEST. SISTER. EVER.

    love you times 103084080. I can't wait to see you this week! One upside to traveling... (trying to stay positive here) Anyway, i'm excited for a good, one on one breakfast/lunch/dinner. Haven't hard a real convo in weeks, & it's gettin rough.

    Hah, see you soon. Love you & tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you weren't hurt too! You've got some pretty amazing angels looking over you. Big hug! You remind me so much of when your mom and dad first started out; being in a town they didn't know many people. They had each other and a lot of love. It really does get you through things.

    ReplyDelete