Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finding Balance

"There’s no secret to balance. You just have to feel the waves”
-Frank Herbert



I am constantly trying to find balance in life - between being a good wife, sister, daughter, in-law, friend, co-worker, student, community member, not to mention trying to find that me time to regroup and maintain sanity. I truly can't imagine being a mother on top of this, the older I get, the more I am awed and inspired by mothers, both who stay at home and who work.

I love the above quote about balance, because it is spot on, there is no secret, no easy answer. We all have to prioritize and accept that there are waves in life and nothing to do but ride them out (and try to have fun in the process!).

This past weekend I tried to find simple balance between my family and Kevin's. Really enjoyed both parts of the weekend. With Kevin's family, we spent two nights in Memphis, not doing much but drinking, eating, laying by the pool, some shopping and just hanging out.





Kevin and I returned on Sunday to St. Louis and spent the afternoon and evening with my family, watching baseball, dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's and then drinks back at my dad's. Monday, we returned to Columbia and I spent my "me" time "piddling around the house" (as mom used to say). Then I spent the night grabbing pizza with Kevin and partaking in his favorite pastimes, watching football and Anthony Bordain.

Now for my other roles... marketing coordinator and student. Not as much fun, but like they say, without the mundane in life, the good things wouldn't be quite as exciting in comparison!

No comments:

Post a Comment