Tuesday, March 9, 2010

New hangout

Last night the Mr. and I visited one of Columbia's newest bars/eateries - 1839 Taphouse.  It is located in the space formerly occupied by Johhny's Beanery, which brings back so many memories of my years as an undergrad.  It was worth visiting for the nostalgia alone, but will be worth many trips back because of the great beer selection.  They have lots of my faves - several from New Belgium, Schlafly and Goose Island.  They also have some less familiar to me including Magic Hat, Moose Drool and several including a house ale from Crown Valley out of Ste. Genevieve, MO... which we tried last night and was excellent.

They have a great happy hour from 4-7 weeknights I believe with $3 pints, a trivia night and specials all day on Sunday Fundays!  I am excited to have a new spot, close to home, with lots of great beers, good service on our first visit and a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of nice TVs.  We'll definitely be returning in the next week or so, hopefully to try to food as well as just the beer! 


1 comment:

  1. Ugh! So not cool, you are not allowed to find cool new places without me! Take me there? Where is that at? P.S. I dunno if mom told you, but I think I'm going to take a summer course at Mizzou, meaning I'll be back July 7th! Lovex1000. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete