Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A toast to mom

Even though I like to consider myself good with words, right now I really don't have any good ones to describe what I am feeling. In fact, I think my sister's tribute is pretty perfect and not sure if I can match it.


Losing mom has been far and away the hardest thing I have been through, and I know many challenges are ahead as we face life without her. I am so blessed that Kevin has been here for me and my siblings and father are amazing, as are my extended family members and friends.


Mom, we love you and miss you. We will think of you always, and try to imagine the advice you would give us. You were the best listener. I will think of you everytime I see a hummingbird, redbird and dragonfly... remember your talent every time I plant or see a beautiful flower, plant or herb... draw inspiration when I look at your gorgeous creations for us (pillows, toweles, bookmarks, photos).... smile when I bake your delicious recipes and eat your favorite foods (especially wine, cheese, and bread!)... hope and pray when I have children that I know what to do and say as you always perfectly did... and always remember the truly beautiful, talented and loving mother and woman you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment