Thursday, May 20, 2010

Kevin's graduation

It is funny how much I feel I am turning into my mother (and lucky I am to have her to turn into). From not being able to work my new phone to (attempting) more gardening to even coming to enjoy entertaining. I still remember giving her a hard time - why would you spend hours cleaning before people arrive only to have to clean again once they leave! Now I get it. I get why she loved having family in her home, feeding them a good meal, making them feel at home.

I tried to do that this past weekend for Kevin's law school graduation celebration. And there is NOOOO way I would have been able to pull it off without Maggie. I think it is safe to say our first real attempt was a success - no one got food poisoning, the house didn't catch on fire and well, (I think) everyone had fun!

Thanks all who celebrated in person and in spirit! Here are a couple photos of the food/beer/cake (SO sweet of Kathy to put my name on the yummy cake - and undeserved for sure). I will post some photos later of the fam together at our place.









2 comments:

  1. that cake looks so amazing! mum mentioned that kevin is a lawyer, that is really cool! thats what i want to do after high school.. :D
    tell him i say congrats on graduating!! :D
    love grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much congratulations to Kevin!!! And all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete