Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Yesterday, was of course, Mother's Day. Needless to say, we all miss mom so much. Even though as a florist, she was always exhausted by Mother's Day, it didn't make it any easier not to have here there.

We spent another great weekend in Kansas City with family, talking about mom quite a bit. At some point in the (very late!) night, we got to talking about music and what reminds us of mom. These beautiful Jeff Tweedy lyrics, found by Michael, speak more than really I can right now. Just thought I would share...

listen dear mother
I miss you the most
and as I travel
from coast to coast
I feel your love
and I feel your ghost
listen dear mother
I miss you the most


I've been thinking about these lyrics a lot in the past couple of days... they say so much. I do feel her love in the people around me, and in our memories. I feel her ghost, with me, especially when I am wondering what to say or do and her advice will come to me. I feel her when Maggie and I are on walks, when our family is together, remembering and when I am all alone. This summer when we travel, coast to coast, I know I will feel these lyrics and her around us even more. And yes, of course, I miss her more than words can say.

2 comments:

  1. I thought about you all a lot over the weekend. Mostly how much I love you all. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I think about Janice every day. I miss her and all of you so very much. xoxoxox.

    ReplyDelete