Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The seasons they go round and round

It is really an amazing experience when you "hear" a song for the first time. I have had Joni Mitchell on my iPod ever since I've had it and of course she has always reminded me of mom because mom loved her music. Heard "The Cirle Game" on shuffle this morning and it brought tears to my eyes on so many levels. It's about growing up and the passage of time. Here's the intro lyrics of the beautiful song -

Yesterday, a child came out to wander
Caught a dragonfly inside a jar
Fearful, when the sky was full of thunder
and tearful at the falling of a star

and the season's they go round and round
and the painted ponies go up and down
we're captive on the carousel of time
we can't return, we can only look
behind from where we came
and go round and round and round in the circle game


1 comment: