Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicago beer at Busch Stadium!?!

This past weekend we took my brother to the Cardinal's game for his birthday. It was a beautiful day outside and we sat in the bleachers so we had plenty of sunshine. We were also close to a bar that offered some specialty beers (and margaritas for Laura!) in addition to your standard Bud Light and Bud. One of the few options was a Honker's Ale from Goose Island. I love this beer but couldn't get over the fact I was drinking a Chicago beer at a Cardinal's game. It just didn't feel right... especially when I asked where to get Schlafly and they told me I would have to walk around to behind home plate.

A little disappointed, but the game itself more than made up for that! It was one of those games you don't forget, lasting 20 innings, 18 scoreless, with several position players pitching. It was the longest scoreless game since 1989 and the second longest game in Cardinal's history! We had a wonderful time and made it to the 15th, when we got too cold and hungry to wait it out any longer.


We watched the end of the game from the Bridge which had great food and awesome beer. We shared a hummus plate, cheese plate, a couple gourmet sandwiches and delicious chocolate/espresso dessert. I thought the Bridge's beer selection was unique and enjoyed the two that I had (including a Red Rye from Founders, one my favorites). I loved the atmosphere and the decorations. They served water from wine bottles, an idea I love.

A birthday to remember for Michael.









No comments:

Post a Comment