Thursday, April 1, 2010

Memories of mom on April Fools

I definitely would not consider my mom a prankster. But for some reason, she loved April Fool's Day. I will never forget a family trip from St. Louis to Kansas City when we were kids. In fact, we were probably heading up for Easter, when my mom pulled over the car on an desolate exit with no fast food, truck stop, gas station, etc. and frantically proclaimed that we had run out of gas. Needless to say, me and my siblings got little freaked out about what we were going to do (remember the days before cell phones??)... well, after a couple of minutes my mom got a huge grin on her face and said "APRIL FOOLS!!" Such a simple act... a lifetime memory.

A few years back on April Fools she told me I had another sibling on the way. I was awestruck and actually believed her for a good 3 minutes....and then the words "APRIL FOOLS!!" were uttered again. I tried to turn the tables 2 years ago and tell her I was pregnant...but somehow I was not as believable as she always was.

I encourage you to play a nice-spirited prank on someone today. Love you mom.

1 comment:

  1. HHAHAHAH. okay, must've been too young for the first one. But definitely fell for the second one too. She said I couldn't go to St. Joe... Haha. oh momma.

    ReplyDelete