Thursday, April 22, 2010

DIY: Pottery Barn inspired outdoor decor

This is the first full summer that we have a grill at our apartment, and it has been so nice! There is really nothing better than sitting outside, enjoying a meal, people-watching and breathing in the fresh air.

A couple of weeks ago Kevin, Maggie and me were sitting outside. It was getting dark and a storm was rolling in. We just sat outside and watched... and eventually brought a couple of candles from indoors. When I saw these hanging mason jars in Pottery Barn I knew I wanted something similar so we could have some light for our nights outside.




I bought jars and candles from Hobby Lobby. I already had the river rocks, and thought they were probably more appropriate since we live much closer to a river than anywhere with sand! All together, much more affordable than Pottery Barn and actually a lot larger.







Can't wait for another stormy night to sit outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment