Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Always there

The Christmas time of year always reminds me of how much I miss mom. She LOVED this time of year - decorating, baking, making cards, creating gifts, shopping, eating, and most importantly being together with family. Her absence is felt so much during this time of year, and especially in the planning process. She was so good at organizing everyone's schedules, and making sure we all got together. It is so hard to do this, especially because we travel during the holidays and are pulled in so many directions when we are in St. Louis.

Today I got a little reminder that mom is always with me. Bear with me here....there is a point to this. I have always like this Pooh quote:

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

It was actually my senior quote (mom encouraged me to use it) and is framed in Lily's room. (Here it is pre-frame, with the "and loved more than you know" added in by the artist)




Today when I was browsing online, I actually came across the full version of the quote, which I had never seen until today.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember... you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.

Cue the chills and tears! I can't believe I have never seen this. Being hormonal and already missing mom, it of course brought tears to my eyes. She is always with me because of the foundation she gave me. And I certainly feel her presence and love every time I look at Lily.

Yes, I will miss mom every day during this holiday season. But during Lily's first Christmas, I know mom's presence in our life is felt in so many, many ways.

I will remember all of the wonderful memories she made with us and traditions she imparted....
And enjoy making new ones with Lily.

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote! What a wonderful post Emily! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pooh Bear Quote!! I will write that in my diary - also love the art work and beautiful memories of your mom!

    ReplyDelete