Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hobbies and a few resolutions

Lately I have been thinking a lot about hobbies. A lot of my loved ones have some wonderful, creative and productive hobbies - cooking/baking, art, photography, and handiwork, to name a few. I also think a lot about my mom and the wonderful things she left to remember her by - beautiful pillows, handmade ornaments, and so much more. It saddens me to think of all the wonderful mementos she would have made for Lily, and that I am so untalented in that area, but that's really another post for another day!

Thinking about all of this has inspired me to create some resolutions and ideas for using my time and talents to be productive and creative.

1. Write, write, write. I love writing and want to do it to ensure I don't forget the millions of memories we are creating with Lily everyday. That is why I hope and plan to write one blog post a week as well as a monthly letter to Lily. Honestly I would love it if people read this blog, but its worthwhile just as an outlet for me and hopefully something Lily can one day look back on and learn about herself and her mom.

2. Organize. Time is tight with a baby, full-time job and lots of weekends spent traveling for both personal and work. And it is easy to overspend on going out and picking up quick dinners. So I am working on creating a weekly meal planner and a binder of easy meal recipes, as well as a budget for our family. Can't exactly say this is creative, but is definitely productive and will hopefully give us opportunities to enjoy time together a little more and also allow us to save for vacations and maybe one of these days, a house we can call our own!

3. Exercise. I've been pretty good about walking, but it's cold now, so I need to do more indoor workouts and also hope to do a weekly yoga class starting in January. Need the "me" time and need to lose the last of the baby weight.

I also still want to find something creative I can do that won't stress me out or break the bank. Maggie suggested crocheting. I would also love to do something with stamped art, but that's definitely not an inexpensive hobby. I am going to keep thinking and looking for inspiration around me and am certainly open to any and all suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment