Thursday, December 22, 2011

Memories and MIlestones

Bad mom confession:  I don't have a videocamera and so have only taken a handful of videos of Lily during her first five months (using my camera).

It makes me sad to think I've missed all these moments, but time has been flying by and honestly I didn't even really think if this until lately, as she has started hitting some exciting milestones.  Finally after weeks of being this close she rolled over back to belly on Dec. 15.  She and I had been to Target, the mall and dinner at Chick-fil-A while Kevin was at his work Christmas party.  When we got home I put her on her playmat while I was putting our purchases away, and she did it like it was nothing!  (In all honesty I probably would have missed getting it on video, even if we had one!).  And then yesterday Lily rolled belly to back.  I know before I blink she will be crawling, then standing, walking, talking and so much more.

So for our Christmas gift to our family Kevin and I made the leap and bought a videocamera!  It is scheduled to arrive today.  I am so excited to have it for Christmas so we can hopefully get some fun video of Lily and her cousin Henry on their first Christmas.  Of course neither of them understands yet about Santa, gifts or the "true meaning" but it will still be fun to have them around, dress them up and get tons of photos and videos.

And so, here's one of the very few videos I have of Miss Lily a few days before Halloween, while we were watching the Cards in the World Series.  So excited to capture so many more moments (just have to remember not to talk too much and ruin the cute memories of her with the sound of my annoying voice!)



No comments:

Post a Comment