Monday, June 28, 2010

Grandpa-isms

This past weekend we went to Kansas City to see the Cards-Royals and also visit family. The last time we saw Grandpa was about two days after he "almost had a heart attack" as he likes to say! Needless to say, he seemed tired and was dizzy and lightheaded from the medication when we last visited. This time... what a turn-around! He looked better than maybe I have ever seen him and was full of energy and life.

Grandpa has always had a dry sense of humor and boy did it come through this weekend! Here are a few of my favorite quotes from him...

"Hey, Pete, don't forget your chalkboard!" (in reference to my dad's iPad).

Anne (to me): I love your dog! Can you leave her here?
Grandpa: Yes, you should definitely leave her! That way in three months when Anne gets tired of her, I can have her!"
(background: his dog Sneakers, used to be Anne's, and I am pretty sure that wasn't the first dog of hers that he ended up with :)

Anne: Hey dad, how are you doing?
Grandpa: Never been better. (about :30 seconds later)... well actually I've been much better!

Grandpa: Hey, did you know Kevin is outside?
Me: Yes, he is walking the dog.
Grandpa: Better keep an eye on him, he's liable to wonder off.

There were many, many more... hopefully they will come to me and I will add them up. He was just so much fun, it lifted my spirits to see him and I know he was happy to have us there. He stayed over at Anne's hanging out with us until 9:30. I can't remember the last time he did that. It was just great to see him feeling well. Hopefully we will make it back soon to get more grandpa-isms!



Grandpa playing with the iPad! So sorry for poor quality...not sure what's going on with my camera. Here's a better one of him from our wedding...



So proud that his trademark cigars were nowhere to be found!

No comments:

Post a Comment