Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A is for All Alone

I remember an alphabet photo book from my childhood, and A stood for "all alone." The photo was of a little girl standing all by herself by a small lake I believe. Really strange image for a children's book. I wish I could find the book, I imagine it is maybe somewhere in our basement. I remember my mom told me I would get teared up when I saw the photo and read the "all alone."

This morning I thought of the "all alone" image as I was getting ready to leave for work and snapped the below photos of Cocoa. I slept in a little bit this morning so I think she thought I wasn't leaving for work. When I started to get ready she got so sad and just laid on the bed, with her little paw by her head. She doesn't like to be alone... none of us do... and it just made me sad for some reason.

This is just one of those weeks I have been feeling a little down, maybe too much time at work, haven't seen my dad, brother and SIL for close to three weeks. So my sensitivity level is definitely heightened and I am so ready for the weekend... ready to keep my Cocoa company!



No comments:

Post a Comment